Hide / Show DIV and animate it

  • tropeanojohn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      Could anyone point me in the right direction of how to show / hide and
      animate an element, sort of like Yahoo does on the front page when you
      roll over the mail tab on the right side?

      I also would like it to "fade" in and out.

      Basically I want a link that when you click, a small information
      paragraph appears below it.

      Thank you.
    • Ben Long
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        Hi triopea,

        You can use Dav Glass's super-svelte effects.js to help you get running with YUI animations. View samples and everything you need to get started here: http://blog.davglass.com/files/yui/effects/

        Cheers,
        Ben

        On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@... > wrote:
        Could anyone point me in the right direction of how to show / hide and
        animate an element, sort of like Yahoo does on the front page when you
        roll over the mail tab on the right side?

        I also would like it to "fade" in and out.

        Basically I want a link that when you click, a small information
        paragraph appears below it.

        Thank you.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto: ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • tropeanojohn
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          Perfect Ben, thank you.

          I will study it now.

          Regards,

          John T.
        • Stuart Grimshaw
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
            On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@...> wrote:

            > Perfect Ben, thank you.
            >
            > I will study it now.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > John T.

            By total coincidence, I've been working on a simple div swapper, I
            just uploaded this blog post,
            http://stubblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/yui-div-swap-with-fade/ ,
            it's a simple extension to the example shown on the Yahoo site, but
            with added fades, you could quite easily call it from an onClick event

            -S

            Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
            http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk
          • tropeanojohn
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Grimshaw"
              <stuart.grimshaw@...> wrote:

              > On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Perfect Ben, thank you.
              > >
              > > I will study it now.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > John T.
              >
              > By total coincidence, I've been working on a simple div swapper, I
              > just uploaded this blog post,
              > http://stubblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/yui-div-swap-with-fade/ ,
              > it's a simple extension to the example shown on the Yahoo site, but
              > with added fades, you could quite easily call it from an onClick event

              Thank you, Stuart, I sure will have a look at this.