Re: [ydn-javascript] Calendar Widget - Future-Only Single-Select Implementation

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
      On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 06:04:27PM -0700, Deco Rior wrote:
      > Yes,
      >
      > I have posted the question at least twice but no response :-(
      >
      > Just does not work on Safari. But strangely the drop down example
      > seems to work!

      The Safari issue will be fixed in the next release. To get the current
      release of Calendar to work in Safari, add the following somewhere after
      your reference to the yui library:

      YAHOO.util.Event.useLegacyEvent = function() { return false; };

      The only side effect of doing this is that DOM2 click handlers for
      anchor tags will not be able to use stopPropagation to cancel the
      navigation to the anchor's href in Safari.

      -Adam
    • Deco Rior
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
        Thanks, Adam:

        So, when is the next release :-)

        deco
        On Mar 31, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Adam Moore wrote:

        On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 06:04:27PM -0700, Deco Rior wrote:
        > Yes,
        >
        > I have posted the question at least twice but no response :-(
        >
        > Just does not work on Safari. But strangely the drop down example
        > seems to work!

        The Safari issue will be fixed in the next release.  To get the current
        release of Calendar to work in Safari, add the following somewhere after
        your reference to the yui library:

        YAHOO.util.Event.useLegacyEvent = function() { return false; };

        The only side effect of doing this is that DOM2 click handlers for
        anchor tags will not be able to use stopPropagation to cancel the
        navigation to the anchor's href in Safari.

        -Adam

        C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language
        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Ashwin Prabhu
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
          Thanks a lot Adam. Waiting for the next release :-).

          Ashwin