Build process

  • mgkimsal2
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
      At the risk of looking like I've missed something elementary, is there
      a build process that's supposed to be used on the yui.zip file
      contents? All the examples have code like

      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="dom.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="event.js"></script>

      but yahoo.js, dom.js and event.js are not in the same directory. I
      end up having to do something like

      <script type="text/javascript" src="yui/build/yahoo/yahoo.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yui/build/dom/dom.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yui/build/event/event.js"></script>

      Is there a build step to move all certain types of JS files to a
      specific dir to more easily match the examples?

      I've tried looking through the archives for this, but didn't see
      anything that referenced this issue.
    • Jack Slocum
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
        The latest JS Builder download (free) from my website could help you
        with this. It is what I use for the yui-ext project. After creating a
        project and adding the yui build directory, you can create various
        combined and compressed JS and css files, move files and create
        deployment "targets".

        http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/2006/12/03/js-builder-11-release-whats-new/

        ---
        Jack Slocum