Re: Hyperlinks and dynamic pages inside Tabview contents

  • exguardianreader
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2006
      Of course that will only work on links to the same domain. If you want
      to handle links to anywhere, you'll have to use an iframe, and then
      you won't need to do any link defeating. (Well, you just might want to
      check the "target" attribute)
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
        Another approach would be to listen for clicks on the containing element, and if the target element meets certain critera (its an anchor, has an href, etc.), handle as needed.

        This can be accomplished with a single listener, and then you can avoid managing listeners on your dynamic content.

        Matt

        otrorichard wrote:
        Sorry my delayed answer (my job), but I think is very hard catch every
        event and filtering its tags. Is there a simpler way?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nige White <nigelw@...> wrote:

        You'll have to search for them all (document.getElementsByTagName("a"))
        and use YAHOO.util.Event to give them onclick listeners which stop the
        event, and load the url into the tab using YAHOO.util.Connect.

        otrorichard wrote:

        Hi everyone,

        Two questions:

        The simplest, How make a hyperlink inside tabview content and the new
        page keeps inside the tab and no outside, like a new page?

        All the hyperlinks in the tabview examples point to "#".

        The second one.
        I need to put inside a tabview content a php-based search page,I can
        get the first page, but the paging is impossible.
        Note: Outside the tabview my search pages work fine.

        thanks in advanced.

        Richard

        e-mail : hostmaster@...

        e-mail : hostmaster@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
          Richard,

          Matt's suggestion is a good one.  Note that there are a few good resources for you if that approach — Event Delegation — is a new one to you:

          Regards,
          Eric

          Eric Miraglia
          Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

          _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.comFor more information e-mail : hostmaster@...
          _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information e-mail : hostmaster@...

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • jcyrnh
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 2006
            This seems like a good approach, and I am about half way there. i can
            see events triggering and get the src of the link to travel to, etc.
            However I have two stumbling blocks.

            1) How do I tell the active tab to load the new source. I imagine it
            is something like tabView.getTab(0).set('dataSrc',elTarget); but it
            doesn't recognize tabView. Further I am unclear how to determinine
            the index of the tab during the event.

            2) How do I tell it not to trigger on clicking on the tab labels? If
            I was coding the tabs in html that would be easy, but they are
            dynamically made so I don't have an ID for just the content divs, only
            the div that holds everything including the labels.

            YAHOO.example.init = function() {
            var tabView = new YAHOO.widget.TabView({id: 'savvyUserTabs'});

            <cfset counter = 1>
            <cfloop collection="#tabsystem#" item="Temp">
            <cfoutput>
            tabView.addTab(new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
            label: '#tabsystem[temp].label#',
            dataSrc: '#tabsystem[temp].src#&page_ID=#page_ID#',
            active: <cfif tabsystem[temp].label eq activetab OR activetab
            eq temp>true<cfelse>false</cfif>,
            cacheData: #tabsystem[temp].cache# /* only load once */
            }));
            </cfoutput>
            <cfset counter = counter + 1>
            </cfloop>

            YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady('savvyUserTabsContainer', function() {
            tabView.appendTo('savvyUserTabsContainer');
            });

            };

            function clickHandler(e) {
            //get the resolved (non-text node) target:
            var elTarget = YAHOO.util.Event.getTarget(e);
            //walk up the DOM tree looking for an <li>
            //in the target's ancestry; desist when you
            //reach the container div
            while (elTarget.id != "savvyUserTabsContainer") {
            //are you an A?
            if(elTarget.nodeName.toUpperCase() == "A") {
            //yes, an A: so write out a message to the log
            tabView.getTab(0).set('dataSrc',elTarget);
            //and then stop looking:
            break;
            } else {
            //wasn't the container, but wasn't an li; so
            //let's step up the DOM and keep looking:
            elTarget = elTarget.parentNode;
            //attach clickHandler as a listener for any click on
            //the container div:
            YAHOO.util.Event.on("savvyUserTabsContainer", "click", clickHandler);

            YAHOO.example.init();

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 2006
              1) How do I tell the active tab to load the new source.  I imagine it
              is something like  tabView.getTab(0).set('dataSrc',elTarget); but it
              doesn't recognize tabView.  Further I am unclear how to determinine
              the index of the tab during the event.

              You can pass the tabView instance as the 4th arg to your Event listener.  See: <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.Event.html#addListener> for more details on Event listeners.

              From what I understand, these clicks will always occur in the "activeTab", so you can just do:
              tabView.get('activeTab').set('dataSrc',elTarget);
              2) How do I tell it not to trigger on clicking on the tab labels?  If
              I was coding the tabs in html that would be easy, but they are
              dynamically made so I don't have an ID for just the content divs, only
              the div that holds everything including the labels.

              The simplest approach would be to assign the listener to the content container rather than the entire tabview.

              You can avoid adding an ID to the content container by using getElementsByClassName:
              YAHOO.util.Event.on(tabView.getElementsByClassName('yui-content', 'div')[0], 'click', clickHandler);
              But keep in mind the content needs to be ready in that case.

              Matt

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 14, 2006
                That was what I was looking for. Ok, I have now confirmed that
                tabView.get('activeTab').set('dataSrc',elTarget);

                is setting the dataSrc correctly. However I mistakenly thought that
                would cause the tab to reload with that new dataSrc. Which it does
                not. Either that or I have gone down the wrong path. Should I be
                doing a listener for contentChange instead?

                Basically I want the link to trigger the new page to open into the tab
                and not the whole window.