Re: [ydn-javascript] Calendar Widget - Future-Only Single-Select Implementation

  • Deco Rior
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
      Yes,

      I have posted the question at least twice but no response :-(

      Just does not work on Safari. But strangely the drop down example seems to work!

      Deco
      On Mar 30, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Ashwin Prabhu wrote:

      Hi,
      Looks like some problem in the Calendar Widget. I have instantiated a
      calendar using the below, so that it accepts only future dates.
                                          var cal1;
                                          cal1 = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar("cal1","selectDateCal");
                                          cal1.minDate = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.add(new Date(),
      YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 1);
                                          cal1.onSelect = function () {
                                                loadTime();
                                          }
                                          cal1.render();
      But some how the calendar which allows only future dates, doesn't
      select any of the dates in the future month.
      Running on Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.8), OS: MacOSX 10.4.5. It works
      perfect on Mozilla Firefox version 1.0.7.
      Any idea what needs to be done to fix this on Safari. Anybody faced
      the same issue before?

      Thanks very much for any help
      - Ashwin

      C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language
      The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
        On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 06:04:27PM -0700, Deco Rior wrote:
        > Yes,
        >
        > I have posted the question at least twice but no response :-(
        >
        > Just does not work on Safari. But strangely the drop down example
        > seems to work!

        The Safari issue will be fixed in the next release. To get the current
        release of Calendar to work in Safari, add the following somewhere after
        your reference to the yui library:

        YAHOO.util.Event.useLegacyEvent = function() { return false; };

        The only side effect of doing this is that DOM2 click handlers for
        anchor tags will not be able to use stopPropagation to cancel the
        navigation to the anchor's href in Safari.

        -Adam
      • Deco Rior
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
          Thanks, Adam:

          So, when is the next release :-)

          deco
          On Mar 31, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Adam Moore wrote:

          On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 06:04:27PM -0700, Deco Rior wrote:
          > Yes,
          >
          > I have posted the question at least twice but no response :-(
          >
          > Just does not work on Safari. But strangely the drop down example
          > seems to work!

          The Safari issue will be fixed in the next release.  To get the current
          release of Calendar to work in Safari, add the following somewhere after
          your reference to the yui library:

          YAHOO.util.Event.useLegacyEvent = function() { return false; };

          The only side effect of doing this is that DOM2 click handlers for
          anchor tags will not be able to use stopPropagation to cancel the
          navigation to the anchor's href in Safari.

          -Adam

          C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language
          The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Ashwin Prabhu
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
            Thanks a lot Adam. Waiting for the next release :-).

            Ashwin