Re: [ydn-javascript] Is Connection used to do automatic refresh of a page

  • Nige White
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      Use a YAHOO.ext.UpdateManager: http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/index.php

      http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/yui-ext/docs/

      See the UpdateManager class's startAutoRefresh method.

      chuksyee71 wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a webserver with Java components that generates data
      > periodically. I want to use YUI to periodically call the web server to
      > get the data and present the data in tabular form. Would the use of
      > the Connection Manager be the correct to do this?
      >
      > Thank you for your help in advance.
      >
      > -chuksyee71

      > This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning
      > powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information
      > e-mail : hostmaster@...

      e-mail : hostmaster@...
    • navjeet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2007
        I was wondering if UpdateManager can be used to auto refresh all html
        elements rather than specifying a few elements. I need to auto refresh
        the whole page at a certain interval, make a ajax call and refresh a
        lot of fields on the page. Is it possible?

        -Navjeet