Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI menu event callback not executed in firefox

  • Dawn Endico
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      Thanks for looking at it. Removing the stopPropagation call from demo3
      didn't help. I'm using both Firefox 1.5 and 2 on two different
      machines and its broken both places.

      I finally got the app working by listening to mouseUp events instead
      of clicks so there's not much point in looking at this version any
      more. I'd still like to debug the click problem though if possible.
      What do you do to debug something like this? The event inspector
      wasn't very helpful since no click events are showing up when i click
      on the menu. Printing log entries hasn't been much help either. I'd
      like to tell the debugger to break on a click event but I don't think
      that's possible unless I already know which code would get executed
      next.
      http://maps.tafoni.net/MapTypeMenuControl/

      This new version has the menu control loaded outside the map (way over
      in the upper right of the page) to make sure there are no map
      listeners intercepting the clicks. Its also loaded with
      window.console.log statements which make it look like events.js is
      never seeing any click events.
      http://maps.tafoni.net/MapTypeMenuControl/demo3-disappearingclicks/

      The original two versions where it broke are still here

      http://maps.tafoni.net/MapTypeMenuControl/demo/ (works)
      http://maps.tafoni.net/MapTypeMenuControl/demo2/ (broken)

      --
      http://www.tafoni.net/
    • Dawn Endico
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        I've discovered that the difference between a working and broken menu
        is in the way I create the menu object. If I do it by hand, the menu
        works, but when the map's addControl function does it then the menu
        breaks.

        Here's another couple of tests with more debugging code.

        http://maps.tafoni.net/MapTypeMenuControl/test/
      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          MapTypeMenuControl