Autocomplete and sendQuery

  • John Comerford
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      Is there a way to use sendQuery with autocomplete ? I am basing my
      testing on the states examples. If I do an oAutoComp.sendQuery("a"); I
      get all the entries beginning with 'a'. Is there some way to get
      everything ?

      TIA,
      JC
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
        Hi JC,

        This example illustrates how an empty query can be used to return all
        possible results:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/states_jsfunction.html

        Hope that helps,
        jenny

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, John Comerford <johnc@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to use sendQuery with autocomplete ? I am basing my
        > testing on the states examples. If I do an oAutoComp.sendQuery("a"); I
        > get all the entries beginning with 'a'. Is there some way to get
        > everything ?
        >
        > TIA,
        > JC

      • John Comerford
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
          Thanks Jenny,

          This example uses a custom  function (getstates) to handle the blank send query.  I am creating my AutoComplete as follows:

                oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_JSArray(statesArray);
                oAutoComp = new YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete('statesinput','statescontainer', oACDS);

          If I do an oAutoComp.sendQuery("a") I get all the array entries that begin with "a", what I was hoping to do was something like
          oAutoComp.sendQuery("") without having to write a datasource function...

          Regards,
            JC

          jennykhan wrote:

          Hi JC,

          This example illustrates how an empty query can be used to return all
          possible results:
          http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/examples/ autocomplete/ states_jsfunctio n.html

          Hope that helps,
          jenny

          --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, John Comerford <johnc@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way to use sendQuery with autocomplete ? I am basing my
          > testing on the states examples. If I do an oAutoComp.sendQuery ("a"); I
          > get all the entries beginning with 'a'. Is there some way to get
          > everything ?
          >
          > TIA,
          > JC

        • jennykhan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
            Hi John,

            Unfortunately, that is not a supported feature at the moment. The best
            thing you can do is to submit an enhancement request and customize the
            function YAHOO.widget.DS_JSArray.prototype.doQuery for yourself in the
            meantime.

            Regards,