Re: YUI ---- Newbie Queries

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "chandhrudu" <chandhrudu@...>
      wrote:

      <snip>
      > Can we use the YUI Components in some of our own Container
      > components; that is can we mix YUI with some other library--- either
      > our own, or other third party ones?

      Yes. You are more than able to mix and match YUI with anything else
      you need or desire.

      > And Can we use our CSS rather than what comes with component library
      > itself?

      Yes, but be careful of modifying CSS that is integral to the
      functionality of the component, especially the YUI widgets.

      > And more important,
      > Can we use this YUI library in Commmercial Products ?

      Yes. The BSD license should provide further details:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.txt

      > Should we pay any fee if we use this library in a Commercial web
      > based intranet product ?

      No.

      Regards,
      Thomas