YUI ---- Newbie Queries

  • chandhrudu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi! friends,

      I find this YUI library very interesting and much more promising than
      some of its competetors...
      (I'm still exploring it; it's just 1 hour ago that I've found this.)

      I have a few questions about it's terms of use, and also means of
      use( ability to customise)....

      Can we use the YUI Components in some of our own Container
      components; that is can we mix YUI with some other library--- either
      our own, or other third party ones?

      And Can we use our CSS rather than what comes with component library
      itself?

      And more important,
      Can we use this YUI library in Commmercial Products ?
      Should we pay any fee if we use this library in a Commercial web
      based intranet product ?

      I'll be very much much thankful to you if any one can answer my
      questions,
      Thanking you in advance,
      Samba.
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "chandhrudu" <chandhrudu@...>
        wrote:

        <snip>
        > Can we use the YUI Components in some of our own Container
        > components; that is can we mix YUI with some other library--- either
        > our own, or other third party ones?

        Yes. You are more than able to mix and match YUI with anything else
        you need or desire.

        > And Can we use our CSS rather than what comes with component library
        > itself?

        Yes, but be careful of modifying CSS that is integral to the
        functionality of the component, especially the YUI widgets.

        > And more important,
        > Can we use this YUI library in Commmercial Products ?

        Yes. The BSD license should provide further details:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.txt

        > Should we pay any fee if we use this library in a Commercial web
        > based intranet product ?

        No.

        Regards,
        Thomas