Is Connection used to do automatic refresh of a page

  • chuksyee71
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006

      I have a webserver with Java components that generates data
      periodically. I want to use YUI to periodically call the web server to
      get the data and present the data in tabular form. Would the use of
      the Connection Manager be the correct to do this?

      Thank you for your help in advance.

      -chuksyee71
    • Nige White
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Use a YAHOO.ext.UpdateManager: http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/index.php

        http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/yui-ext/docs/

        See the UpdateManager class's startAutoRefresh method.

        chuksyee71 wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a webserver with Java components that generates data
        > periodically. I want to use YUI to periodically call the web server to
        > get the data and present the data in tabular form. Would the use of
        > the Connection Manager be the correct to do this?
        >
        > Thank you for your help in advance.
        >
        > -chuksyee71

        > This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning
        > powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information
        > e-mail : hostmaster@...

        e-mail : hostmaster@...
      • navjeet
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2007
          I was wondering if UpdateManager can be used to auto refresh all html
          elements rather than specifying a few elements. I need to auto refresh
          the whole page at a certain interval, make a ajax call and refresh a
          lot of fields on the page. Is it possible?

          -Navjeet