Re: [ydn-javascript] issue with tabview and select boxes

  • Pierre Goiffon
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      ----- Message de moore234@... ---------
      Date : Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:15:51 -0000
      De : moore234 <moore234@...>
      Répondre à : ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      Objet : [ydn-javascript] issue with tabview and select boxes
      À : ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com

      > I have an existing php site that I'm trying to put into a tabview. I
      > am running into a strange error, and I'm at a loss as to how to debug it.
      >
      > Basically, in FF1.5 (...)
      > I see all of the tab content on the first tab. One the 2nd and other
      > tabs, I see all tab content but the first tab's. This works fine on IE6.
      (...)
      > Now, I tried to simplify and give y'all a sample of the problem, but
      > unfortunately, it works when it's simple:
      > http://www.mooreds.com/yui/test.html

      I saw also the problem using a Windows Firefox 1.5.0.8

      I was first thinking it could be because of incorrect nested elements
      or div that aren't closed. So I tryed the W3C validator and gets
      errors because you aern't neither specifying a doctype nor a charset
      information :
      <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mooreds.com%2Fyui%2Ftest.html>
      Even if you're forcing the 2 informations in the validator you still
      gets an error : I think it's because of the lack of the title element
      in the head section ? You certainly should write valid HTML...

      Owever, I just see something really strange : after reloading the page
      (Firefox certainly gets it from the cache) I don't see the problem
      again, the correct contents are displayed where they should be.
      Reloading with Ctrl + Shift + reload to avoid cache and the problem is
      back... Try to instanciate your tabView object after the markup or
      into an body onLoad event maybe ?
    • moore234
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Pierre,

        I made sure my application validated with HTML transitional (I can't
        use html strict because I need the target attribute of the form,
        unfortunately). Testing with FF 1.5.0.8, I still saw the problem with
        the tab view not rendering correctly, but at least I saw the behavior
        you mentioned: reloading from the server displayed the problem, but
        reloading from cache did not.

        I then followed your advice to put the tabview instantiation into a
        window.onload function and it worked. The javascript that worked for me:

        ----------------
        function addLoadEvent(func) {
        var oldonload = window.onload;
        if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {
        window.onload = func;
        } else {
        window.onload = function() {
        if (oldonload) {
        oldonload();
        }
        func();

        addLoadEvent( function() {
        var myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView("app");
        } );

        I put this where the examples just have the object instantiation.

        addLoadEvent is from
        http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2004/05/26/addLoadEvent

        I should have mentioned in the original post that I am using version
        0.12.0 of the YUI.

        Thanks again for your help!

        Dan

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Pierre Goiffon <pgoiffon@...>