Re: Calendar performance

  • binkyui
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
      The performance matters to me because I deploy to hundreds of Wyse
      Winterms running ~800MHz AMD Geode cpus. They are 4 times slower than
      my 2.2 GHz p4. A 5-sec page for me is almost 20 for the poor users!
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006

        Can you provide the code for the test case that you’re using to reproduce this performance decrease? Please exclude the logger in your example code so that I can evaluate the performance of the Calendar independently of the Logger widget. Also, any details you can provide about the browser being used will also be extremely helpful in determining what may be causing the performance issues you’re experiencing.

        Thanks!

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
          <peterson@...> wrote:

          > Can you provide the code for the test case that you're using to
          reproduce

          Steven - I tried to send you an email off-line by clicking on the
          email address in your profile. I'd rather not spam the list with our
          conversation.

          If you're still interested in my sample code, send me a private
          message. I'm happy to send you anything that might be of use, though
          my app is Ruby on Rails and therefore has lots of embedded Ruby. I
          could send you the rendered result from my browser by pasting a 'show
          source' screen...

          I've just started playing with Firebug 1.0's Profiler. WOW!!