AutoComplete to create a combo

  • John Comerford
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      Before I start re-inventing the wheel is there an example of using yui
      autocomplete to create a combo type widget ? What I need is pretty
      close to the examples
      (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/states_jsfunction.html)
      but with the list of values hidden if the text input is blank and a
      button on the right to show the drop down ? Thought I'd ask before I
      start coding.

      Regards,
      JC
    • harrykiri
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, John Comerford <johnc@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Before I start re-inventing the wheel is there an example of using yui
        > autocomplete to create a combo type widget ? What I need is pretty
        > close to the examples

        (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/states_jsfunction.html)

        > but with the list of values hidden if the text input is blank and a
        > button on the right to show the drop down ? Thought I'd ask before I
        > start coding.
        >
        > Regards,
        > JC

        Yepper, same here. I do not think there's one, otherwise Dave Glass
        may have had mentioned it in his DHTML forms based on the YUI. Correct
        me if I'm wrong.

        Or has anyone build anything alike and wants to share it with us?

        Greets,

        Jeroen Sen