Drag'n'drop with floated lists?

  • j_s_shirley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      I'm creating an application and a feature is the ability to drag and
      drop between list items (DOM structure is simply multiple ULs with
      LIs). The items are floated left (float: left), and of a fixed width.

      Everything is working great, except attempting to drag to the very
      last item in a list is not working. I can move to the second to last
      position, then drag the last position over to get the same effect.

      Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

      Thanks,
      -J
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
        On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:51:10PM -0000, j_s_shirley wrote:
        > I'm creating an application and a feature is the ability to drag and
        > drop between list items (DOM structure is simply multiple ULs with
        > LIs). The items are floated left (float: left), and of a fixed width.
        >
        > Everything is working great, except attempting to drag to the very
        > last item in a list is not working. I can move to the second to last
        > position, then drag the last position over to get the same effect.
        >
        > Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

        Do you have sample code I can look at? There is no limitation in drag and
        drop that I know of that would prevent dragging the last item in a list
        with floated items.

        Thanks,

        -Adam
      • J. Shirley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hi Adam,

          Sorry for the delay in responding. I was trying to setup a test case
          that is somewhat valid -- I extracted all the relevant code and placed
          it here:

          http://staff.toeat.com/~jshirley/yui/dndtest.html

          Thanks for taking a look at it!

          -J