RE: [ydn-javascript] Calendar widget and XSLT

  • Steven Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2006

      Rich,

      I did some fishing around, and was wondering if you’re making sure to enclose the output in a CDATA block so that the HTML doesn’t get parsed. A co-worker forwarded this to me:

      See http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-HTML-Output-Method

      Specifically:

      The html output method should not perform escaping for the content of the script and style elements. For example, a literal result element written in the stylesheet as

      <script>if (a &lt; b) foo()</script>

      or

      <script><![CDATA[if (a < b) foo()]]></script>

      should be output as

      <script>if (a < b) foo()</script>

      Steven Peterson

      Web Developer, Platform Engineering

      Yahoo!

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19 7:21 AM
        Hi! I put it off for a while to work on other things so sorry about
        the late reply. Many thank for your help, it works fine when the
        script is enclosed in CDATA! Should have found that while getting more
        comfortable with XSL...

        Will save looots of javascript pain ;)

        Thanks!
        Rich.