Re: Newbie: Tree Task Node : how-to dynamically generate tree and retrieve data?

  • Marius Andreiana
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vinco_75" <groups@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      Hi,

      > I managed how to make a tree (task node to be exact) but I don't
      know how to generate it
      > dynamically.
      >
      > I have a MySQL database with categories.
      > I know how to dynamically get my tree using PHP.
      >
      > But I don't know how to generate the Javascript Tree with it.
      generate an JS array with data (id text parent_id), then build the
      tree with a JS function.

      > Also, when I'd like to be able to submit the tree and get the data
      from the tree (ie knowing
      > which nodes have been checked or not)
      I'm also interested in this, how could the tree be traversed starting
      from root and find out the elements which are checked?

      Thanks
    • Marius Andreiana
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Marius Andreiana"
        <mandreiana.lists@...> wrote:
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vinco_75" <groups@> wrote:
        > > Also, when I'd like to be able to submit the tree and get the data
        > from the tree (ie knowing
        > > which nodes have been checked or not)
        > I'm also interested in this, how could the tree be traversed starting
        > from root and find out the elements which are checked?
        Found out that it could easily be done using a recursive function and
        node.children[]
      • Charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006

          Hello,

          I’m in the midst of implementing auto-suggest, and it’s non-trivial to get it right.

          I just read on a blog that a YUI component for this would be available Real Soon Now. If the person working on this at Yahoo! needs a beta-tester, please consider me. J

          Thanks!

          — Charles