2 tabs -> 1 div markup

  • gwfong65
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2006
      I'm trying to determine how best to layout the tabs that works best
      for both our CSS/design expert and myself, the js developer of the
      page.

      I have a case where the markup/content of two tabs differ only very
      slightly. But what does differ greatly is the business logic behind
      it. So I thought I'd have each tab refer to the same markup and hook
      into the tab events to setup a context object. Also, laying out the
      tabs into the markup upfront will allow our CSS expert to make the
      tweaks they need to make without having to jump into the javascript.
      In addition, only one of two tabs will ever be visible to the user.

      So I thought I'd just simply refer 2 tabs to point to 1 div markup
      and toggle visibility on the tabs. But that didn't work. The 2nd tab
      always comes up blank.

      Can 2 tabs not point to 1 div markup?

      Any suggestions how I might solve my problem maintaining the ability
      for our CSS person to make their tweaks?

      Thanks
      Gary