Escape (and click outside) hides menus

  • sliding_dovetail
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2006
      Clicking outside a menu in v12 hides a menu by default. I was able to
      disable this feature using the clicktohide configuration parameter. Is
      there a similar vehicle to disable the "escape hides the menu" feature?
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2006
        Bind a "keydown" event listener to the menu's root DIV
        element that stops the propagation of the event if the
        user presses the "Esc" key:

        http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v012/examples/menu/example06.php

        --- sliding_dovetail <jay_lockwood@...> wrote:

        > Clicking outside a menu in v12 hides a menu by
        > default. I was able to
        > disable this feature using the clicktohide
        > configuration parameter. Is
        > there a similar vehicle to disable the "escape hides
        > the menu" feature?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

      • sliding_dovetail
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2006
          Thank you, Todd! The code example you provided is perfect.

          > Bind a "keydown" event listener to the menu's root DIV
          > element that stops the propagation of the event if the
          > user presses the "Esc" key:
          >
          > http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v012/examples/menu/example06.php
          >
          > --- sliding_dovetail <jay_lockwood@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Clicking outside a menu in v12 hides a menu by
          > > default. I was able to
          > > disable this feature using the clicktohide
          > > configuration parameter. Is
          > > there a similar vehicle to disable the "escape hides
          > > the menu" feature?
        • Andrei Neculau
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 18, 2006
            why isn't the configuration property like "disableautohide" or similar
            that you correspond to disabling either clicking outside or hitting ESC?!

            will this be adjusted in the next release?

            i feel it's a bit unhandy making adjustments to improvements of the
            widgets...

            keep up the good work