Re: [ydn-javascript] build tool?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2006
      Eric,

      Build processes vary between different groups at Yahoo; there isn't a
      single standard.

      One key ingredient we try to evangelize across the board is the use
      of JSMin or something similar, plus the hosting of any external JS
      files on a server that supports both caching (by using a far-future
      expires header) and gzip compression.

      The combination of minification and gzip tends to yield really good
      results. But, as I say, how those elements get rolled into a full
      process is a decision that's made within the various engineering
      teams, many of whom have their own specific factors to consider.

      Regards,
      -Eric