Autocomplete Critical Opera Bug

  • Nicolae Namolovan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2006
      Opera seem to have some problems at displaying Autocomplete results.

      To understand better, check this sceenshot (taken from
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_json.html
      with latest avaible Opera 9.02)

      http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3941/opera1xm4.png

      Not all results are displayed, these what are displayed are cutted at
      the end (exactly like in my application).

      Personally I use Firefox, but some users of my site what seat on linux
      use Opera.

      Also I noticed, after suggestion apparition, I can make it show as it
      must be with miniminize and after maximize the window.

      --
      Best regards,
      Nicolae Namolovan.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
        Hi Nicolae,

        This issue has been addressed as of the 0.12.0 release.

        Regards,
        Jenny

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Nicolae Namolovan"
        <adrenalinup@...> wrote:

        > Opera seem to have some problems at displaying Autocomplete results.
        >
        > To understand better, check this sceenshot (taken from
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_json.html
        > with latest avaible Opera 9.02)
        >
        > http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3941/opera1xm4.png
        >
        > Not all results are displayed, these what are displayed are cutted at
        > the end (exactly like in my application).
        >
        > Personally I use Firefox, but some users of my site what seat on linux
        > use Opera.
        >
        > Also I noticed, after suggestion apparition, I can make it show as it
        > must be with miniminize and after maximize the window.
        >
        > --
        > Best regards,
        > Nicolae Namolovan.

      • Nicolae Namolovan
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
          Great ! Thanks.

          --
          Best regards,
          Nicolae Namolovan.
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006
            Strange, I still get the same problem..

            Do I need to update more than autocomplete.js in my application ?

            --
            Best regards,
            Nicolae Namolovan.

            --
            Best regards,
            Nicolae Namolovan.
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
              Hi Nicolae,

              Please see the example here:
              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_json.html

              which illustrates how to override the doBeforeExpandContainer() method
              to achieve container positioning.

              Sorry for the confusion, and I hope that helps,

              <adrenalinup@...> wrote:

              > Strange, I still get the same problem..
              >
              > Do I need to update more than autocomplete.js in my application ?
              >
              > On 12/3/06, Nicolae Namolovan <adrenalinup@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Great ! Thanks.
              > >
              > > On 11/21/06, jennykhan <jennyhan@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Nicolae,
              > > >
              > > > This issue has been addressed as of the 0.12.0 release.
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Jenny
              > > >
              > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
              <ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>,

              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_json.html

              > > --
              > > Best regards,
              > > Nicolae Namolovan.
              >

              > --
              > Best regards,
              > Nicolae Namolovan.

            • Nicolae Namolovan
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 7, 2006
                Great, it really worked now %)

                Also I changed
                #ysearchmod {position:relative;}
                #ysearchmod {text-align:center;}

                Everyone is just happy now %) And me, most of all, I think :D

                Thanks again !

                On 12/5/06, jennykhan <jennyhan@...> wrote:

                Hi Nicolae,

                Please see the example here: