Connection Manager MSIE

  • dprusak@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24 1:29 PM
      Hi all,

      We've bumped into a really strange situation with the connection
      manager.

      It seems that MSIE likes to cache async calls. The server never gets
      a hit for new data. MSIE is using a cached version instead. Firefox
      doesn't seem to be having this issue.

      It occurs for both GET and POST methods.

      My question is, has anyone else seen this? If so, what did you do to
      fix this?

      Is it simply just adding no cache headers to the async data?

      --David
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26 4:15 PM
        I've seen this problem before and what works is to add a random or
        incrementing number to the request url. It can be ignored by the
        server script but will cause IE to get a new request each time.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dprusak@..." <dprusak@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > We've bumped into a really strange situation with the connection
        > manager.
        >
        > It seems that MSIE likes to cache async calls. The server never gets
        > a hit for new data. MSIE is using a cached version instead. Firefox
        > doesn't seem to be having this issue.
        >
        > It occurs for both GET and POST methods.
        >
        > My question is, has anyone else seen this? If so, what did you do to
        > fix this?
        >
        > Is it simply just adding no cache headers to the async data?
        >
        > --David

      • michaeltanczos
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30 7:08 AM
          You can also make sure that the requests that are made are not cached
          by modifying the appropriate headers returned to the client, so yes to
          your last suggestion. IE just caches the page, so the solution here
          is going to be the same as you would address any type of dynamic
          content loaded by the browser that should *not* be cached.

          You would have to google your specific language, but here are some of
          the headers I found on phpbuilder.com that would need modification:

          header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
          header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
          header("Cache-Control: no-cache");
          header("Cache-Control: post-check=0,pre-check=0");
          header("Cache-Control: max-age=0");
          header("Pragma: no-cache");

          ---
          Michael Tanczos