Calendar2up and Options.MULTI_SELECT

  • steiniagu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm trying to render a Calendar that is 2up and supports multiselect
      on dates.

      but YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up
      doesn't have Object Options.MULTI_SELECT

      I tried using:
      cal1 = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up_Cal("cal1", "cal1Container",
      (thisMonth+1)+"/"+thisYear,(thisMonth+1)+"/"+thisDay+"/"+thisYear);
      cal1.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
      cal1.render();

      but it only appears 1up, supports MULTI_SELECT and there is no
      scrolling between doesn't appear.

      Can anyone help me?

      Regards,
      Steini
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
        Steini,

        Creating a multi-select 2-up calendar involves setting the configuration for
        both internal calendars of Calendar2up. The best way to do this dynamically,
        as in your example, involves properly setting the custom configuration for
        the Calendar2up’s child calendars. This can be accomplished with the
        following code:

        ***
        cal1 = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up("cal1","cal1Container");

        var customConfig = function() {
        this.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
        }

        cal1.setChildFunction("customConfig", customConfig);
        cal1.callChildFunction("customConfig");

        cal1.render();
        ***

        What this does, essentially, is it sets up the custom configuration handler
        for each of the child calendars, and then executes it to handle the
        configuration change.

        Please let me know how this works for you, and if you have any more
        questions, please feel free to let me know!

        Thanks!

        Steven Peterson
        Web Developer, Platform Engineering
        Yahoo!

        I'm trying to render a Calendar that is 2up and supports multiselect
        on dates.

        but YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up
        doesn't have Object Options.MULTI_SELECT

        I tried using:
        cal1 = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up_Cal("cal1", "cal1Container",
        (thisMonth+1)+"/"+thisYear,(thisMonth+1)+"/"+thisDay+"/"+thisYear);
        cal1.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
        cal1.render();

        but it only appears 1up, supports MULTI_SELECT and there is no
        scrolling between doesn't appear.

        Can anyone help me?

        Regards,
        Steini

        C programming language
        Computer programming languages
        Java programming language
        The c programming language
        C programming language
        Concept of programming language

      • steiniagu
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
          Thanks Steven for a quick response.
          It now works like it should.

          -Steini

          <peterson@...> wrote:

          > Steini,
          >
          > Creating a multi-select 2-up calendar involves setting the
          configuration for
          > both internal calendars of Calendar2up. The best way to do this
          dynamically,
          > as in your example, involves properly setting the custom
          configuration for
          > the Calendar2up's child calendars. This can be accomplished with the
          > following code:
          >
          > ***
          > cal1 = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up("cal1","cal1Container");
          >
          > var customConfig = function() {
          > this.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
          > }
          >
          > cal1.setChildFunction("customConfig", customConfig);
          > cal1.callChildFunction("customConfig");
          >
          > cal1.render();
          > ***
          >
          > What this does, essentially, is it sets up the custom configuration
          handler
          > for each of the child calendars, and then executes it to handle the
          > configuration change.
          >
          > Please let me know how this works for you, and if you have any more
          > questions, please feel free to let me know!
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Steven Peterson
          > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
          > Yahoo!