Relatively positioned scrolling div's don't get disabled with modal dialog.

  • ciemian
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      I am trying to add a modal dialog to a page with a scrolling table
      that uses relatively positioned divs to keep a fixed table header in
      IE. The modal dialogs don't disable the table.

      It seems to be a problem with the div being both scrolling and
      relatively positioned. Also it seems "border-bottom" styles don't get
      masked either.

      Any idea?

      Here is a sample div that will exhibit the problem.
      Where the confirmSaveChanges is a SimpleDialog.

      relative;height: 248px;overflow: scroll;">

      Thanks
      Brian
    • designbybee
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
        Do we have a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem too.
        The only difference is that I have a table with borders inside a
        dialog box. When the page is load, the table borders are shown in IE
        even when the dialog is hidden. But after I open and close the dialog
        box, the border lines are no longer there...

        Please advise. Thanks!

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "ciemian" <bciemian@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to add a modal dialog to a page with a scrolling table
        > that uses relatively positioned divs to keep a fixed table header in
        > IE. The modal dialogs don't disable the table.
        >
        > It seems to be a problem with the div being both scrolling and
        > relatively positioned. Also it seems "border-bottom" styles don't get
        > masked either.
        >
        > Any idea?
        >
        > Here is a sample div that will exhibit the problem.
        > Where the confirmSaveChanges is a SimpleDialog.

        > relative;height: 248px;overflow: scroll;">
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brian

      • designbybee
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
          Nevermind, I found the solution.

          * html .bd td {
          position: relative;
          }

          and that will magically keep the table cell border (inside a dialog)
          from showing up in IE.

          It'd be cool if someone can explain to me how changing the position
          will work... :)