Easy usage of the YUI Treeview & Perl (Catalyst)

  • tompie1983
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006

      i've written a combination of some Perl & Javascript function which
      allow me to easily update/create a tree from a simple Perl hash. I
      think you could easily convert these function to take advantage of em
      in PHP, Ruby or what ever language you prefer.

      Anyway i've created a blog post about it which is accessible at:
      http://thomas.pietrzykowski.de/blog/?p=1

      The interesting part for you guys might be in the common.js especially
      the "addRecursiveNodes" function. It takes a JSON object and creates
      the tree out of it. This is usefull as most languages provide modules
      to convert objects to JSON. Its also pretty powerfull as it allows you
      to easily add callbacks to the nodes.

      I plan to add the possibilty to use custom sort functions for the tree
      nodes in the next few days...as they arent sorted yet.

      Looking forward to your comments.

      Bye,

      Thomas