Re: How to delay slider behaviour

  • Michael Newton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      There must be someone out there who's worked out something with
      setTimeout or setInterval maybe?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Newton"
      <mnewton32@...> wrote:

      > I've got an onChange handler for some sliders that I don't want
      > triggered every time the slider moves. Is there a way to avoid the
      > event from firing until the slider has 'settled down'?
      >
      > For example, one of the sliders updates a database in real time. If
      > someone clicks the background to move the thumb (instead of dragging
      > it) there could be 5 or 10 writes to the database before the thumb
      > gets to its final position.
      >
      > Maybe someone has an idea that will solve the problem? Thank you.

    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 07:51:23PM -0000, Michael Newton wrote:
        > I've got an onChange handler for some sliders that I don't want
        > triggered every time the slider moves. Is there a way to avoid the
        > event from firing until the slider has 'settled down'?
        >
        > For example, one of the sliders updates a database in real time. If
        > someone clicks the background to move the thumb (instead of dragging
        > it) there could be 5 or 10 writes to the database before the thumb
        > gets to its final position.
        >
        > Maybe someone has an idea that will solve the problem? Thank you.

        Michael, there is a property called moveComplete that is set to true when
        the animation is complete. Check this value in your onChange handler and
        only do your database update when it is true.

        -Adam
      • Michael Newton
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
          Thank you, shame this isn't documented!