Re: [ydn-javascript] Custom config attribute in call to MenuItem constructor

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      What kind of custom attributes? HTML attributes? Or
      do you just want to add custom properties to an
      instance?

      --- Dave Patterson <dplhenterprises@...>
      wrote:

      > Is it possible to specify custom attributes in the
      > config object
      > literal in a call to the MenuItem constructor?
      >
      > If so, how do you do so and how do you access them
      > later (say from
      > within an event handler)
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > (Yahoo! ID required)

    • David M. Patterson
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006

        Custom properties that I can use later.

        --- Dave Patterson <dplhenterprises@ sbcglobal. net>
        wrote:

        > Is it possible to specify custom attributes in the
        > config object
        > literal in a call to the MenuItem constructor?
        >
        > If so, how do you do so and how do you access them
        > later (say from
        > within an event handler)
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > mailto:ydn-javascript- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
          In that case, no. But the "addItem" and "insertItem"
          methods will return you a reference to a MenuItem
          instance. You can then set any custom properties on
          that instance that you need.

          - Todd

          --- "David M. Patterson"
          <dplhenterprises@...> wrote:

          > Custom properties that I can use later.

          <mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006

            Great. Thanks for the info.