Custom config attribute in call to MenuItem constructor

  • Dave Patterson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      Is it possible to specify custom attributes in the config object
      literal in a call to the MenuItem constructor?

      If so, how do you do so and how do you access them later (say from
      within an event handler)

      thanks,

      Dave
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        What kind of custom attributes? HTML attributes? Or
        do you just want to add custom properties to an
        instance?

        --- Dave Patterson <dplhenterprises@...>
        wrote:

        > Is it possible to specify custom attributes in the
        > config object
        > literal in a call to the MenuItem constructor?
        >
        > If so, how do you do so and how do you access them
        > later (say from
        > within an event handler)
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

      • David M. Patterson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006

          Custom properties that I can use later.

          --- Dave Patterson <dplhenterprises@ sbcglobal. net>
          wrote:

          > Is it possible to specify custom attributes in the
          > config object
          > literal in a call to the MenuItem constructor?
          >
          > If so, how do you do so and how do you access them
          > later (say from
          > within an event handler)
          >
          > thanks,
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > mailto:ydn-javascript- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
            In that case, no. But the "addItem" and "insertItem"
            methods will return you a reference to a MenuItem
            instance. You can then set any custom properties on
            that instance that you need.

            - Todd

            --- "David M. Patterson"
            <dplhenterprises@...> wrote:

            > Custom properties that I can use later.

            <mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006

              Great. Thanks for the info.