Re: Problem regarding overlapping...

  • Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"
      <floubser@...> wrote:

      > I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix this
      by using the z-index of the CSS.

      javascript@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi
      > Sent: 01 November 2006 3:02 PM
      > To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [ydn-javascript] Problem regarding overlapping...
      >

      > i put 3 autocomplete boxes vertically, now when the suggestion box
      > popups it fell behind another autocomplete box, although i ve also
      set
      > the useIFrame to true, any ideas.....

      > Please click on the following link to read the
      > Old Mutual legal notice:
      > <http://www.oldmutual.co.za/e-mail_legal_notice>
      > Alternatively, send a "blank" e-mail to
      > <mailto:EmailLegalNotice@...>

    • miltoniaorchid
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
        To fix the autocompletion field bleed through problem, relatively
        positioned element 1 must have a z-index greater than relatively
        positioned element 2. That means the autocompletion field 1 must have a
        greater z-index than the autocompletion field 2, and autocompletion
        field 2 must have a greater z-index than the autocompletion field 3.

        See http://www.aplus.co.yu/css/z-pos/ for more details.
      • jennykhan
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
          Hi Syed,

          The implementation example here places 3 AutoComplete instances
          vertically on a page:
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_flat.html

          Take a look at the CSS to help you get started. Specifically, take
          note of how each input/container pair is wrapped inside a div, and pay
          attention to the position and z-index styles of all the pertinent
          elements.

          Good luck,
          Jenny

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi"
          <murtazahrizvi@...> wrote:

          > Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"
          > <floubser@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix this
          > by using the z-index of the CSS.

        • Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2008
            Jenny this link isnt working.....:)
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Syed,
            >
            > The implementation example here places 3 AutoComplete instances
            > vertically on a page:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_flat.html

            > Take a look at the CSS to help you get started. Specifically, take
            > note of how each input/container pair is wrapped inside a div, and
            pay
            > attention to the position and z-index styles of all the pertinent
            > elements.
            >
            > Good luck,
            > Jenny
            >

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi"
            > <murtazahrizvi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"
            > > <floubser@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix
            this
            > > by using the z-index of the CSS.

          • Eric Miraglia
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 28, 2008