RE: [ydn-javascript] Problem regarding overlapping...

  • Loubser Francois
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix this by using the z-index of the CSS.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"

        javascript@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi
        > Sent: 01 November 2006 3:02 PM
        > To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [ydn-javascript] Problem regarding overlapping...
        >

        > i put 3 autocomplete boxes vertically, now when the suggestion box
        > popups it fell behind another autocomplete box, although i ve also
        set
        > the useIFrame to true, any ideas.....

        > Please click on the following link to read the
        > Old Mutual legal notice:
        > <http://www.oldmutual.co.za/e-mail_legal_notice>
        > Alternatively, send a "blank" e-mail to
        > <mailto:EmailLegalNotice@...>

      • miltoniaorchid
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          To fix the autocompletion field bleed through problem, relatively
          positioned element 1 must have a z-index greater than relatively
          positioned element 2. That means the autocompletion field 1 must have a
          greater z-index than the autocompletion field 2, and autocompletion
          field 2 must have a greater z-index than the autocompletion field 3.

          See http://www.aplus.co.yu/css/z-pos/ for more details.
        • jennykhan
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
            Hi Syed,

            The implementation example here places 3 AutoComplete instances
            vertically on a page:
            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_flat.html

            Take a look at the CSS to help you get started. Specifically, take
            note of how each input/container pair is wrapped inside a div, and pay
            attention to the position and z-index styles of all the pertinent
            elements.

            Good luck,
            Jenny

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi"
            <murtazahrizvi@...> wrote:

            > Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...
            >
            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"
            > <floubser@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix this
            > by using the z-index of the CSS.

          • Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 26, 2008
              Jenny this link isnt working.....:)
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Syed,
              >
              > The implementation example here places 3 AutoComplete instances
              > vertically on a page:

              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ysearch_flat.html

              > Take a look at the CSS to help you get started. Specifically, take
              > note of how each input/container pair is wrapped inside a div, and
              pay
              > attention to the position and z-index styles of all the pertinent
              > elements.
              >
              > Good luck,
              > Jenny
              >

              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Syed Murtaza Hussain Rizvi"
              > <murtazahrizvi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Can u be more specific please... i m not very good at HTML...
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Loubser Francois"
              > > <floubser@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I'm a noob, but my guess would be that you could try and fix
              this
              > > by using the z-index of the CSS.

            • Eric Miraglia
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 28, 2008