Custom File Upload Control?

  • Chua Chee Seng
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi Guys,

      Do anybody notice in the new beta version of yahoo mail, when we click
      on the attach button (which clearly is not a standard HTML file
      control), it opens up the File Upload dialog? How they achieve this?
      I achieve it in IE using FileControl.click() but do not able to
      achieve it in Mozilla. Even Gmail doesn't able to achieve this!

      Thanks in advance for any help or hints. :)
    • tom.mulder
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Chua Chee Seng" <quai83@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > Do anybody notice in the new beta version of yahoo mail, when we click
        > on the attach button (which clearly is not a standard HTML file
        > control), it opens up the File Upload dialog? How they achieve this?
        > I achieve it in IE using FileControl.click() but do not able to
        > achieve it in Mozilla. Even Gmail doesn't able to achieve this!
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help or hints. :)

        It looks like they bind the onmousedown event to an hidden form
        (input=file) element.