YUI and EiP, Performance

  • Eckhard Rotte
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hi YUIs,
      (maybe my english is a little bit broken, sorry)

      I'm looking for an JS-library for an e-commerce project. YUI is on the shortlist, because ist well-documented and used in a real world project.
      But - one of the needed widget-features on the checklist is missing:
      an edit-in-place module.

      Did anybody an implementation for AJAX-editable elements or is there a plugin somehere?
      Or, maybe a "best practice" for developing such a module?
      (the decsion won't depend on this feature)

      Next Point. Performance:
      I've been playing around with some Librarys and got some performance issues.
      For example, jQuery gets very slow if used on large and deep DOM-Trees while loading the document.
      Applying Drag+Drop, some Effects and Events to a large document takes up to 10 seconds only for applying them to the DOM.
      prototype gets slow when using lots of iterations.

      What about YUI? Did anybody some performance testing with YUI, maybe in comparison to other librarys or has experiences with YUI and performance issues?

      The most important issue in performance will be loading and manupulating large documents.

      regards + thanks
      ecki