Newbie: Tree Task Node : how-to dynamically generate tree and retrieve data?

  • vinco_75
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2006
      Hi there,

      I know this is probably an easy question for you but I'm a newbie with Javascript and I don't
      know how to do this.

      I managed how to make a tree (task node to be exact) but I don't know how to generate it
      dynamically.

      I have a MySQL database with categories.
      I know how to dynamically get my tree using PHP.

      But I don't know how to generate the Javascript Tree with it.

      Also, when I'd like to be able to submit the tree and get the data from the tree (ie knowing
      which nodes have been checked or not)

      Could you please send me a javascript example to do this?

      Thank you so much for your help,
      Vincent
    • Marius Andreiana
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vinco_75" <groups@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        Hi,

        > I managed how to make a tree (task node to be exact) but I don't
        know how to generate it
        > dynamically.
        >
        > I have a MySQL database with categories.
        > I know how to dynamically get my tree using PHP.
        >
        > But I don't know how to generate the Javascript Tree with it.
        generate an JS array with data (id text parent_id), then build the
        tree with a JS function.

        > Also, when I'd like to be able to submit the tree and get the data
        from the tree (ie knowing
        > which nodes have been checked or not)
        I'm also interested in this, how could the tree be traversed starting
        from root and find out the elements which are checked?

        Thanks
      • Marius Andreiana
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Marius Andreiana"
          <mandreiana.lists@...> wrote:
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vinco_75" <groups@> wrote:
          > > Also, when I'd like to be able to submit the tree and get the data
          > from the tree (ie knowing
          > > which nodes have been checked or not)
          > I'm also interested in this, how could the tree be traversed starting
          > from root and find out the elements which are checked?
          Found out that it could easily be done using a recursive function and
          node.children[]
        • Charles
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006

            Hello,

            I’m in the midst of implementing auto-suggest, and it’s non-trivial to get it right.

            I just read on a blog that a YUI component for this would be available Real Soon Now. If the person working on this at Yahoo! needs a beta-tester, please consider me. J

            Thanks!

            — Charles