Re: using connection manager and handling a redirect

  • alex.pooley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jas0n510" <novotny@...> wrote:

      > I'm able to use the Yahoo connection manager successfully. However,
      > one use case requires my back-end application to perform a redirect. I
      > see that after I do a redirect from the Java webapp, the handleFailure
      > method is getting called and the statusText is "Moved temporarily".
      > What can I do to allow the redirect to occur?

      In my experiments different browsers handled redirects differently. My
      advice is to perform the redirect manually without using a HTTP
      redirect. Pass the redirect URL back through the server response body
      to the success handler.

      I do this with my web app http://www.scribblehere.com You can chat to
      me about this if you like at this URL: http://www.scribblehere.com/25