Newbie Question: Container example and window scroll

  • llatorre_imm
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi;

      I am using the example implementaion of the resizable panel. It works
      great except when the window scrolls the panel repositions to stay on
      the screen. This makes sense, BUT when it repositions it loses its
      masking over form elements. In our case, it is sufficient to stop the
      auto reposition with the scroll, but I dont know how to 'turn this
      off'. Any quick fixes?

      I do intend to dive in and learn this code in depth, but of course I
      have a client with immediate need for this panel.

      Many thanks!

      Lise
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006

        Lise,

        In the constructor for the Panel, set “fixedcenter” to false. That should take care of that for you.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
          Thank you Steven!

          I did check that eventcenter is false in container.js which is why I
          gave up trying to figure it out myself. Seems that if this is false
          it wouldnt snap to center and with the scroll. Is it possible for
          this to be overridden elsewhere in the code?

          <peterson@...> wrote:

          > In the constructor for the Panel, set "fixedcenter" to false.
          <snip>

          > Steven Peterson
          >
          > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
          >
          > Yahoo!

          > From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ydn-
          javascript@yahoogroups.com]
          > On Behalf Of llatorre_imm

          > I am using the example implementaion of the resizable panel. It
          works
          > great except when the window scrolls the panel repositions to stay
          on
          > the screen. This makes sense, BUT when it repositions it loses its
          > masking over form elements. In our case, it is sufficient to stop
          the
          > auto reposition with the scroll, but I dont know how to 'turn this
          > off'.

          <snip>
        • llatorre_imm
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
            Um make that "overwritten"...

            Thanks!
          • llatorre_imm
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
              I was looking in the wrong file - I see it now. Thanks for your help
              and everyone else, sorry for the multiple posts!