Re: Treeview: expanded nodes (without children) showing gaps in IE

  • bgulian
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "sveinaregronsund"
      <sveinare@...> wrote:

      > I am going to use Treeview with dynamic loading. Also, in my model,
      > I only have 3 levels, so the last level, I wish to add the node with
      > expanded set to true (otherwise false, with dynamic loading).
      >
      > All looks fine in Opera9 and FF. But in IE6 (SP2) I get a gap/
      > whitespace between all my level3 nodes.
      >
      > I only get this gap when I use expanded = true.
      >
      > To recreate:
      > ===
      > tree = new YAHOO.widget.TreeView("treeDiv1");
      > var tmpNode = null;
      >
      > tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 1", tree.getRoot(), false);
      > tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 2", tmpNode, false);
      > tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 2", tmpNode, false);
      > var tmpNode2 = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 3a", tmpNode, true);
      > var tmpNode3 = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 3b", tmpNode, true);
      > tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode("Level 2", tree.getRoot(), false);
      >
      > tree.draw();
      > ===
      > Now expand all and see the gap between "Level 3a" and "Level 3b".
      >
      > Can anyone confirm the bug?

      Yes, I replicated it in IE7 also. This bug is plaguing me right now
      and the "trick" suggested by a reply to this post does not meet my
      needs. I need textnodes, not menunodes. Hopefully this will be fixed
      in the next release.

      Of course collapsing and expanding the tree gets rid of the gap so I
      tried doing it programmatically but that does not work. Probably a
      collapse, settimeout(expand) would work but it would look weird.

      Bob