using connection manager and handling a redirect

  • jas0n510
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm able to use the Yahoo connection manager successfully. However,
      one use case requires my back-end application to perform a redirect. I
      see that after I do a redirect from the Java webapp, the handleFailure
      method is getting called and the statusText is "Moved temporarily".
      What can I do to allow the redirect to occur?

      Thanks, Jason
    • Ivan Lazarte
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jas0n510" <novotny@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm able to use the Yahoo connection manager successfully. However,
        > one use case requires my back-end application to perform a
        redirect. I
        > see that after I do a redirect from the Java webapp, the
        handleFailure
        > method is getting called and the statusText is "Moved temporarily".
        > What can I do to allow the redirect to occur?
        >
        > Thanks, Jason

        Sounds like a Change Request to me. If the domain is the same, the
        request can proceed, but otherwise, the request will fail so it
        should return an error with something like "external domain, cannot
        perform redirection" as the response text.
      • alex.pooley
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jas0n510" <novotny@...> wrote:

          > I'm able to use the Yahoo connection manager successfully. However,
          > one use case requires my back-end application to perform a redirect. I
          > see that after I do a redirect from the Java webapp, the handleFailure
          > method is getting called and the statusText is "Moved temporarily".
          > What can I do to allow the redirect to occur?

          In my experiments different browsers handled redirects differently. My
          advice is to perform the redirect manually without using a HTTP
          redirect. Pass the redirect URL back through the server response body
          to the success handler.

          I do this with my web app http://www.scribblehere.com You can chat to
          me about this if you like at this URL: http://www.scribblehere.com/25