XQuery, Javascript 1.5+ and IE6/Win2000 --> YUI Treeview

  • struggling.idiot
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      Greetings:
      Sorry for being a bit off topic. I'm coming from an
      open-source/Mac OSX background and am trying to please a client who is
      stuck on IE6/Win2000. I'm lost within MSN.

      I'm developing a YUI upon IE6 (and W3C-compliant browsers). I'm
      using a DOM object to populate a YUI Treeview.

      I'm able to populate a YUI treeview using Javascript 1.5+ (via
      recursive load) via W3C browsers but NOT via IE6's Javascript 1.3.

      My questions:
      1) Is it possible/how? to upgrade the Javascript in IE6 to 1.5+
      (probably not).

      2) I'm also am interested in XQuery and wonder if I can use it in IE6
      to parse a DOM object (vs Javascript logic). Does IE6 support XQuery
      and if so, how is it implemented?