Bug: Dialog submit() method assumes no file upload

  • onionesque
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2006
      	this.doSubmit = function() {
      		var method = this.cfg.getProperty("postmethod");
      		switch (method) {
      			case "async":
      				YAHOO.util.Connect.setForm(this.form);

      The Dialog.submit() method uses the Conect.setForm() single-argument method, meaning no file upload is possible on async Dialog submission.

      Best regards,

      jdf
    • onionesque
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
        Are the developers reading this group? Is this the place to report
        bugs? I'm surprised not to have had a response on this, and I'd like
        to make sure I'm of the most service I can be.
      • Thomas S. Sha
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "onionesque" <jdf@...> wrote:

          > Are the developers reading this group? Is this the place to report
          > bugs? I'm surprised not to have had a response on this, and I'd like
          > to make sure I'm of the most service I can be.

          I assume you filed this as Request 1587482 on our SourceForge project?
          It's been logged and tracked for integration into YUI.

          Regards,
          Thomas
        • Josh Peters
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
            On 10/30/06, onionesque <jdf@...> wrote:
            > Are the developers reading this group? Is this the place to report
            > bugs? I'm surprised not to have had a response on this, and I'd like
            > to make sure I'm of the most service I can be.

            Actually, sourceforge is the place to report bugs. You can discuss
            them here if you want, but you really ought to create an entry in the
            sourceforge bug system.

            As for the submission part, can you describe your issue more
            thoroughly? Are you wanting to perform an action on a form
            submission, which is resulting in a page change? (ie, your code
            snippet is a little lacking.)

            It sounds like you should use a synchronous request instead of async
            request if your wanting the result of the request before your form can
            finish submitting. But without some proper explanation of your
            situation it's quite hard to tell.
          • onionesque
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
              > I assume you filed this as Request 1587482 on our SourceForge project?
              > It's been logged and tracked for integration into YUI.

              Yep, that's mine. (I now have the sourceforge id e_e_coli, which I'll
              use next time I file.)

              Many thanks.