onDragDrop

  • pris_tcp
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 20, 2006
      Hi ALL,

      I have tried some of the "moments" of the DragDrop. For moments like
      onDragOver, the "player" can be dropped on to the target slot
      correctly with the id of the player and target slots retrieved.

      However if I changed to onDragDrop or endDrag, the "player" that is
      dragged remains in its own slot and did not move to the target slot,
      however it can detect the id of the "player" which is dragged as well
      as the id of the target slot.

      May I know whether it is a bug or is it designed to work this way?

      Regards,
      Pris
    • pris_tcp
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 20, 2006
        Hi ALL,

        I realised that for "endDrag", it does moved to the target slot,
        however it is invisible and hides behind the target slots after being
        drag to a target slot.

        Again, is this bug or designed to work this way?

        Regards,
        Pris

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@...> wrote:

        > Hi ALL,
        >
        > I have tried some of the "moments" of the DragDrop. For moments like
        > onDragOver, the "player" can be dropped on to the target slot
        > correctly with the id of the player and target slots retrieved.
        >
        > However if I changed to onDragDrop or endDrag, the "player" that is
        > dragged remains in its own slot and did not move to the target slot,
        > however it can detect the id of the "player" which is dragged as well
        > as the id of the target slot.
        >
        > May I know whether it is a bug or is it designed to work this way?
        >

        > Regards,
        > Pris

      • pris_tcp
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006

          Does anyone encountered the following problems with the drag drop?
          If using the onDragDrop or endDrag moments, the drag items will either
          hide behind the target slot or does not move at all which does not
          seem correct.

          However other moments like onDragOver moments can work properly, but I
          need to execute some functions after the user has drop the item.

          Please help...
          Thanks!

          Regards,
          Pris

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@...> wrote:

          > Hi ALL,
          >
          > I realised that for "endDrag", it does moved to the target slot,
          > however it is invisible and hides behind the target slots after being
          > drag to a target slot.
          >
          > Again, is this bug or designed to work this way?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Pris
          >

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi ALL,
          > >
          > > I have tried some of the "moments" of the DragDrop. For moments like
          > > onDragOver, the "player" can be dropped on to the target slot
          > > correctly with the id of the player and target slots retrieved.
          > >
          > > However if I changed to onDragDrop or endDrag, the "player" that is
          > > dragged remains in its own slot and did not move to the target slot,
          > > however it can detect the id of the "player" which is dragged as well
          > > as the id of the target slot.
          > >
          > > May I know whether it is a bug or is it designed to work this way?
          > >

          > > Regards,
          > > Pris

        • Eric Miraglia
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 25, 2006
            Pris,

            Could you post a url for us to look at?  It sounds like you may have a simple z-index issue, but the group could probably give you a more precise answer with some code to look at.

            Regards,
            Eric

            Eric Miraglia
            Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

            On Oct 24, 2006, at 6:58 PM, pris_tcp wrote:

            Hi,

            Does anyone encountered the following problems with the drag drop?
            If using the onDragDrop or endDrag moments, the drag items will either
            hide behind the target slot or does not move at all which does not
            seem correct.

            However other moments like onDragOver moments can work properly, but I
            need to execute some functions after the user has drop the item.

            Please help...
            Thanks!

            Regards,
            Pris

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@...> wrote:

            > Hi ALL,
            >
            > I realised that for "endDrag", it does moved to the target slot,
            > however it is invisible and hides behind the target slots after being
            > drag to a target slot.
            >
            > Again, is this bug or designed to work this way?
            >
            > Regards,
            > Pris
            >

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi ALL,
            > >
            > > I have tried some of the "moments" of the DragDrop. For moments like
            > > onDragOver, the "player" can be dropped on to the target slot
            > > correctly with the id of the player and target slots retrieved.
            > >
            > > However if I changed to onDragDrop or endDrag, the "player" that is
            > > dragged remains in its own slot and did not move to the target slot,
            > > however it can detect the id of the "player" which is dragged as well
            > > as the id of the target slot.
            > >
            > > May I know whether it is a bug or is it designed to work this way?
            > >

            > > Regards,
            > > Pris

          • pris_tcp
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 27, 2006
              Hi Eric,

              Thank you for replying to my post.
              Below is the link to access my script.

              http://vocanic.dnsalias.net/~cptan/targetable/examples/yui-test/targetab\
              le.html

              Hope to hear from you soon.
              Thanks!

              Regards,
              Pris

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
              wrote:

              > Pris,
              >
              > Could you post a url for us to look at? It sounds like you may have
              > a simple z-index issue, but the group could probably give you a more
              > precise answer with some code to look at.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Eric

              > Eric Miraglia
              > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering
              >

              > On Oct 24, 2006, at 6:58 PM, pris_tcp wrote:
              >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > Does anyone encountered the following problems with the drag drop?
              > > If using the onDragDrop or endDrag moments, the drag items will
              either
              > > hide behind the target slot or does not move at all which does not
              > > seem correct.
              > >
              > > However other moments like onDragOver moments can work properly, but
              > > need to execute some functions after the user has drop the item.
              > >
              > > Please help...
              > > Thanks!
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Pris
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" cptan@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi ALL,
              > > >
              > > > I realised that for "endDrag", it does moved to the target slot,
              > > > however it is invisible and hides behind the target slots after
              > > being
              > > > drag to a target slot.
              > > >
              > > > Again, is this bug or designed to work this way?
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Pris

              > > like

              > > that is
              > > slot,
              > > as well

            • Eric Miraglia
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 27, 2006
                Pris,

                I'm not able to access the url you sent — at present, it's timing out for me when I try to visit it.  Is this a server that's on 24x7?

                wrote:

                > Pris,
                >
                > Could you post a url for us to look at? It sounds like you may have
                > a simple z-index issue, but the group could probably give you a more
                > precise answer with some code to look at.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Eric

                > Eric Miraglia
                > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering
                >

                > On Oct 24, 2006, at 6:58 PM, pris_tcp wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > Does anyone encountered the following problems with the drag drop?
                > > If using the onDragDrop or endDrag moments, the drag items will
                either
                > > hide behind the target slot or does not move at all which does not
                > > seem correct.
                > >
                > > However other moments like onDragOver moments can work properly, but
                > > need to execute some functions after the user has drop the item.
                > >
                > > Please help...
                > > Thanks!
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > > Pris
                > >
                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" cptan@ wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi ALL,
                > > >
                > > > I realised that for "endDrag", it does moved to the target slot,
                > > > however it is invisible and hides behind the target slots after
                > > being
                > > > drag to a target slot.
                > > >
                > > > Again, is this bug or designed to work this way?
                > > >
                > > > Regards,
                > > > Pris

                > > like

                > > that is
                > > slot,
                > > as well

              • pris_tcp
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 29, 2006

                  I apologised for providing a link which cannot be accessed due to the
                  server shutting down unexpectedly during the weekend.

                  I have restarted the server and have double-check the link.
                  Sorry, but please do check out the url again. Thanks!

                  wrote:

                  > Pris,
                  >
                  > I'm not able to access the url you sent — at present, it's timing
                  out
                  > for me when I try to visit it. Is this a server that's on 24x7?
                  >
                  > -Eric

                  > Eric Miraglia
                  > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering
                  >

                  > On Oct 27, 2006, at 2:06 AM, pris_tcp wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Eric,
                  > >
                  > > Thank you for replying to my post.
                  > > Below is the link to access my script.
                  > >
                  > > http://vocanic.dnsalias.net/~cptan/targetable/examples/yui-test/
                  > > targetab\
                  > > le.html
                  > >
                  > > Hope to hear from you soon.
                  > > Thanks!
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Pris
                  > >
                  > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia miraglia@
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Pris,
                  > > >
                  > > > Could you post a url for us to look at? It sounds like you may
                  have
                  > > > a simple z-index issue, but the group could probably give you a
                  more
                  > > > precise answer with some code to look at.
                  > > >
                  > > > Regards,
                  > > > Eric

                  > > > Eric Miraglia
                  > > > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

                  > > either

                  > > properly, but

                  > > moments
                  > > retrieved.

                  > > way?

                • pris_tcp
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2006
                    Hi Eric,

                    I realised that if I add the following for each DDPlayer that uses
                    endDrag moment, the drag items no longer hide behind the target slot,
                    which solves my problem.

                    players1.startDrag = function(x,y){};

                    However, I have attached the new script to the server in case you
                    might want to check it out.
                    Thank you for your attention in this matter.

                  • pris_tcp
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 30, 2006

                      Here is the link to the new script:
                      http://vocanic.dnsalias.net/~cptan/targetable/examples/yui-test/targetab\
                      leOK.html

                      The old script link is:
                      http://vocanic.dnsalias.net/~cptan/targetable/examples/yui-test/targetab\
                      le.html

                      Regards,
                      Pris

                      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" <cptan@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Eric,
                      >
                      > I realised that if I add the following for each DDPlayer that uses
                      > endDrag moment, the drag items no longer hide behind the target slot,
                      > which solves my problem.
                      >
                      > players1.startDrag = function(x,y){};
                      >
                      > However, I have attached the new script to the server in case you
                      > might want to check it out.
                      > Thank you for your attention in this matter.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Pris
                      >

                      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pris_tcp" cptan@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > I apologised for providing a link which cannot be accessed due to
                      the
                      > > server shutting down unexpectedly during the weekend.
                      > >
                      > > I have restarted the server and have double-check the link.
                      > > Sorry, but please do check out the url again. Thanks!
                      > >

                      > > Regards,
                      > > Pris
                      > >

                      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia miraglia@
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Pris,
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm not able to access the url you sent — at present, it's
                      > timing
                      > > out
                      > > > for me when I try to visit it. Is this a server that's on 24x7?
                      > > >
                      > > > -Eric

                      > > > Eric Miraglia
                      > > > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

                      > > have
                      > > more

                      > > drop?
                      > will
                      > > not

                      > item.

                      > > slot,
                      > > after

                      > > slot

                      > "player"
                      > > target
                      > > dragged

                      > > this

                    • Eric Miraglia
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 30, 2006
                        Pris,

                        Glad to hear that it all worked out; thanks for sharing the links!

                        Regards,
                        Eric

                        Eric Miraglia
                        Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

                        Hi,