Re: XP Panel skin not rendered correctly ... CSS conflict?

  • dl_lists
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      <peterson@...> wrote:

      > The styles in OverlayManager are only there for the benefit of
      making the
      > Overlays look pretty when you focus them. You will need to add custom
      > "focus" styles to the XP Panel code to make the Panels change when
      you style
      > them.

      Thanks for the tips .. after digging around I saw that there were
      several references (CSS rules) for .overlay in different stylesheets.
      And these were clashing. e.g. in container.css and the parent html page.

      The .overlay style in the OverlayManager example page was taking
      precedence over other .overlay declarations.

      This article gives advice on precedence of css rules

      http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html