Calendar Tutorial

  • kavih7
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      The problem is that the tutorial specifies to pre-select a month/year
      and/or a month/day/year for the calendar using MM/YYYY for month/year
      and MM/DD/YYYY for month/day/year. The real text should be m/YYYY for
      month/year and m/d/YYYY for month/day/year. It is common developer
      knowledge that MM is meant for two digit months (01 – 12) and DD is
      meant for two digit days (01 – 31). I made the mistake of using the
      two digit syntax when creating the instances of my calendars and
      because of this, the pre-selected month/year and/or month/day/year was
      incorrect. I am imaging many other developers interpreting this format
      the same as I did the first time. I would definitely recommend fixing
      the text in the tutorial… especially when the example code in the
      tutorial doesn't correspond to that format either!

      Thank you for all your awesome javascript development!