Event.addListener - execution scope AND custom parameter (BOTH) ?

  • Nicolae Namolovan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      I need to pass some dynamic parameters to a function within certain scope.

      I already read

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/event/#customobject

      but I don't see how this can help me because the Passed parameter !=
      Scope execution, but I need both.

      How about such syntax

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("myelementid", "click", fnCallback2,
      scope, true, param1, param2, param3, paramN);

      or at least 1 custom param beside execution scope (so I can pass
      multiple params as AN array).

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("myelementid", "click", fnCallback2,
      scope, true, customParam);

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("myelementid", "click", fnCallback2,
      scope, true, [customParam,customParam2,customParam3] );

      I encounter this limitation every time I do some project, I beg you to
      add this feature !

      --
      Best regards,
      Nicolae Namolovan.