request for toolbelt-like drag and drop example

  • Cahill, Earl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 12:53 AM

      Also posted as a comment to the yuiblog, but you here go.

      I would like an example where there is perhaps a toolbelt on the top of the page, containing say chunks containing thumbnails.  When a thumbnail is picked up, the moving/floating div changes to say something between a thumbnail and the full photo.  When dropped to a container beneath, the thumbnail returns to the toolbelt and a full picture drops in to the spot the thumbnail was dropped.

      I guess the main functionality I am looking for, that I didn’t see in any of the examples, is to be able to start with a div, when dragged you switch to a different div, and when dropped you get a potentially a third div.

      This demo from scriptaculous starts with a div, drags the original div, and when dropped, the original div goes back and something new gets dropped in

      http://demo.script.aculo.us/shop

      Something similar would help me and I think others as well.

      Great work.

      Thanks,

      Earl