Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: target property in menu is not working with _blank

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      Can you send me a URL to the code sample so that I can
      take a look?

      --- Eric Heinemann <e_heinemann@...> wrote:

      > I downloaded the most recent version and it still is
      > not working. It
      > is doing the exact same thing. Any ideas?
      >
      > -E
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots
      > <kloots@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Eric -
      > >
      > > The "target" configuration property was
      > implemented in
      > > 0.11.3. That's the problem.
      > >
      > > - Todd
      > >
      > > --- Eric Heinemann <e_heinemann@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Version 0.11.0. I can put together a test page
      > > > tomorrow when I get back to work if needed. The
      > > > current page is password protected as it holds
      > > > sensitive information.
      > > >
      > > > -E

      {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}
      > > > #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}
      > > > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99%
      > > > arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}
      > > > #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}
      > > > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      > > > #ygrp-text{
      > > > font-family:Georgia;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-text p{
      > > > margin:0 0 1em 0;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
      > > > font-family:Arial;
      > > > clear:both;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-vitnav{
      > > > padding-top:10px;
      > > > font-family:Verdana;
      > > > font-size:77%;
      > > > margin:0;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-vitnav a{
      > > > padding:0 1px;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-actbar{
      > > > clear:both;
      > > > margin:25px 0;
      > > > white-space:nowrap;
      > > > color:#666;
      > > > text-align:right;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-actbar .left{

      === message truncated ===
    • Eric Heinemann
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        Ok, now the links are not working at all.  Here is the site:

        http://www.agsouth.com/testyui/

        The page is normally dynamic, but I created a static html to display the problem.  Under Online Invoices the Yahoo Home link is the one with the target option.

        Thanks,

        Eric

        Can you send me a URL to the code sample so that I can
        take a look?

        --- Eric Heinemann <e_heinemann@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > I downloaded the most recent version and it still is
        > not working. It
        > is doing the exact same thing. Any ideas?
        >
        > -E
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, Todd Kloots
        > <kloots@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Eric -
        > >
        > > The "target" configuration property was
        > implemented in
        > > 0.11.3. That's the problem.
        > >
        > > - Todd
        > >
        > > --- Eric Heinemann <e_heinemann@ ...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Version 0.11.0. I can put together a test page
        > > > tomorrow when I get back to work if needed. The
        > > > current page is password protected as it holds
        > > > sensitive information.
        > > >
        > > > -E

        === message truncated ===

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          Eric -

          The problem is the "click" event handler that you have
          added to the document. That handler needs to check to
          make sure that the target of the event wasn't the
          MenuBar instance or any of its child elements. I
          created an example for you:

          http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0113/examples/menu/example03.php

          Alternatively you can take a look at the example for
          "Website Top Nav:"

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html

          It demonstrate how you can get away with not having to
          use theYAHOO.widget.OverlayManager class for
          collapsing submenus. It is less code.

          - Todd

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
            I changed the code to match your second example, but the target value is still not working.  Am I missing something?

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
              Eric -

              The problem is your "onMenuBeforeShow" event handler.
              You need to modify it to suit your specific
              implementation. Currently, you are specifying the
              target in your JSON data structure, but you are not
              passing that property on to the configuration of each
              menu item that you are creating. You need to add a
              line to that handler to check for the existance of the
              "target" property in the JSON and apply it to the
              menu item's config if it is set. Something like this:

              if(oItemData.target) {
              oItemConfig.target = oItemData.target;
              }

              Make sense? I hope that helps you with your project.

              Let me know if you are still having trouble.

              - Todd

              === message truncated ===
            • Eric Heinemann
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
                That makes perfect sense.  I was under the mistaken impression that the JSON data structure was automatically interpreted by Yahoo! Menu.

                Thanks a lot.  I will test it right away.

                === message truncated ===