Re: After activating a submenu (yuimenu), moving away does not hide it

  • lil_crazy_gekko
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Thank you for taking the time to reply.

      I have tried to get this working for a couple of hours now, and I'm
      not having much luck. I am learning a lot though.

      I have looked at the JavaScript on my page, which I copied from
      topnavfrommarkup. I have changed the IDs names, and sub menu names to
      correspond with what I have got.

      It appears none of the events are being subscribed to. Looking at the
      code, the submenus are suppose to hide on mouseout, it also hides when
      body is clicked on. None of this is happening with my code.

      Can someone please take a look at
      http://digital-clarity.com/sandbox/payperclick.html and tell me what I
      am doing wrong?

      Much appreciation.

      Xin

      > Xin -
      >
      > For now you have to implement that behavior yourself
      > by adding your own event handlers. There are several
      > examples that demonstrate how this can be
      > accomplished:
      >
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/
      >
      > - Todd

    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Xin -

        Looks like the problem is that you have a variable
        ("oCommunication") in your script block left over from
        the example you copied. "oCommunication" is undefined
        and is causing a JavaScript error, which is haulting
        script execution, which is causing your menu to stop
        working.

        My guess is that you intended this line:

        oService =
        oCommunication.getItem(1).cfg.getProperty("submenu"),

        To be this:

        oService =
        oMenuBar.getItem(1).cfg.getProperty("submenu"),

        Since the "service" menu is a submenu of the root menu
        bar.

        - Todd

        --- lil_crazy_gekko <crazygecko@...> wrote:

        > Thank you for taking the time to reply.
        >
        > I have tried to get this working for a couple of
        > hours now, and I'm
        > not having much luck. I am learning a lot though.
        >
        > I have looked at the JavaScript on my page, which I
        > copied from
        > topnavfrommarkup. I have changed the IDs names, and
        > sub menu names to
        > correspond with what I have got.
        >
        > It appears none of the events are being subscribed
        > to. Looking at the
        > code, the submenus are suppose to hide on mouseout,
        > it also hides when
        > body is clicked on. None of this is happening with
        > my code.
        >
        > Can someone please take a look at
        > http://digital-clarity.com/sandbox/payperclick.html
        > and tell me what I
        > am doing wrong?
        >
        > Much appreciation.
        >
        > Xin
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots
        > <kloots@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Xin -
        > >
        > > For now you have to implement that behavior
        > yourself
        > > by adding your own event handlers. There are
        > several
        > > examples that demonstrate how this can be
        > > accomplished:
        > >
        > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/
        > >
        > > - Todd
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links