Slider widget and YUI CSS grids???

  • Jeff G
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      I've tried to layout a dead simple slider in the left side area of a
      YUI-CSS class "yui-t2" page. Many odd and strange behaviors occur.
      Before I get too far down this road, is there any known issues? I see
      behavior such as the focus outline sliding along and growing in size
      as I slide the thumb to the left. And when I try to use a thumb that
      starts out in the middle of the scale, it only slides to the left and
      again grows the focus box as it slides way off the left end of the
      background graphic.

      Anyone use the slider in a page grid layout? Should there be any issues?
      Thanks
      jeff

      I'd paste the code but first, rather than waste time, is there a known
      issue? I mean the code is bare minimum.
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006

        Hi Jeff,

        There is no known case of YUI CSS Grids causing JS trouble, with Slider or otherwise.

        Here is a quick and dirty example of Slider within a “yui-t2” YUI CSS Grid:

        http://nate.koechley.com/dev/tmp/slider-in-grid.html

        Given your symptoms, I would recommend validating your markup in case a node is nested, unclosed, or otherwise not well-formed. Also verify that the IDs on your page are unique and not reserved.

        Good luck,

        Nate

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
          Thank you Sir.
          I admit I have limited (but growing by leaps and bounds) Web 2.0 exposure. Hence my 'greeness'. Thanks for the example. I'll figure out 'what the' I did wrong.

          Best wishes.