Re: connection postdata & file upload

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei Neculau"
      <neculau_andrei@...> wrote:

      > I was browsing through the connect.js file, in order to get a better
      > view on how it works.
      >
      > I noticed one thing: the asyncRequest method allows for a 4th
      > parameter, in oder to put postData.
      >
      > When you submit the form, this postData gets added to the _sFormData
      > which was built with setForm.
      >
      > But when you have a file upload, this doesn't get added!
      > Wouldn't it be more natural to create elements for each of the
      > postData variables, submit the form (in an iframe, since it's file
      > upload), then erase the newly created elements?!
      >
      > I am doing this already... Thought it might help!

      Thanks for raising this issue. This provision doesn't currently exist
      when uploading files, but can be facilitated through hidden fields
      appended to the document.

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • Andrei Neculau
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        Yes, exactly - I'm creating INPUT elements of type HIDDEN!

        Maybe in a future release, it could get implemented!

        Regards,
        Andrei