Re: Calendar - How to select all days of the month ?

  • jfasaldarriaga
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
      Well, Im doing that but because I'll ready have the dates (from the
      DB), but my question is, doing something like that, a button with an
      onClick property that select all the dates on the current month, it's
      that posible ?

      Thx for your answer.

      > jfasaldarriaga,
      >
      > The easiest way to select all the dates of a month is to do so when
      > you create your calendar instance. Here is code that would create a
      > calendar with every date in October selected:

      > <script>
      > var myCal = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar("calendarEl",
      > "calendar","10/2006","10/1/2006-10/31/2006");
      > myCal.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
      > myCal.render();
      > </script>
      >
      > Once the Calendar instance has been created, you can select dates
      > using the select method, which takes as its argument a date string or
      > one or more Date objects. See the documentation for this method for
      > more on how to use it. Note that you need to render after using select.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric

      > Eric Miraglia
      > Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering
      >

      > On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:47 PM, jfasaldarriaga wrote:
      >
      > > Can I made a function to select all days of a month ? I mean without
      > > any manipulation of the calendar.js ?

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
        jfasaldarriaga,

        As I mentioned in my previous note, it is indeed possible to select dates scriptologically using your Calendar instance's select method.

        Here is an example that does what you're inquiring about — selects all the days of the current based on a click event:

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
          Thx Eric for your help :)