Re: [ydn-javascript] After activating a submenu (yuimenu), moving away does not hide it

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
      Xin -

      For now you have to implement that behavior yourself
      by adding your own event handlers. There are several
      examples that demonstrate how this can be
      accomplished:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/

      - Todd

      --- lil_crazy_gekko <crazygecko@...> wrote:

      > I am using the Menu control, and it is working well.
      > There is this
      > one bug.
      >
      > When one of the main menus are hovered over, the sub
      > menu will appear,
      > now move away from the main menu and the sub menu
      > will dissapear.
      > This is the desired behaviour.
      >
      > Hover over a main menu, then over a sub menu, move
      > mouse away from sub
      > menu and it will not hide itself.
      >
      > I am very new to this, so I am not sure how to fix
      > this. Is it an
      > event thing? Any ideas?
      >
      > Any help is greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Xin
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > (Yahoo! ID required)

    • lil_crazy_gekko
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Thank you for taking the time to reply.

        I have tried to get this working for a couple of hours now, and I'm
        not having much luck. I am learning a lot though.

        I have looked at the JavaScript on my page, which I copied from
        topnavfrommarkup. I have changed the IDs names, and sub menu names to
        correspond with what I have got.

        It appears none of the events are being subscribed to. Looking at the
        code, the submenus are suppose to hide on mouseout, it also hides when
        body is clicked on. None of this is happening with my code.

        Can someone please take a look at
        http://digital-clarity.com/sandbox/payperclick.html and tell me what I
        am doing wrong?

        Much appreciation.

        Xin

        > Xin -
        >
        > For now you have to implement that behavior yourself
        > by adding your own event handlers. There are several
        > examples that demonstrate how this can be
        > accomplished:
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/
        >
        > - Todd

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
          Xin -

          Looks like the problem is that you have a variable
          ("oCommunication") in your script block left over from
          the example you copied. "oCommunication" is undefined
          and is causing a JavaScript error, which is haulting
          script execution, which is causing your menu to stop
          working.

          My guess is that you intended this line:

          oService =
          oCommunication.getItem(1).cfg.getProperty("submenu"),

          To be this:

          oService =
          oMenuBar.getItem(1).cfg.getProperty("submenu"),

          Since the "service" menu is a submenu of the root menu
          bar.

          - Todd

          --- lil_crazy_gekko <crazygecko@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for taking the time to reply.
          >
          > I have tried to get this working for a couple of
          > hours now, and I'm
          > not having much luck. I am learning a lot though.
          >
          > I have looked at the JavaScript on my page, which I
          > copied from
          > topnavfrommarkup. I have changed the IDs names, and
          > sub menu names to
          > correspond with what I have got.
          >
          > It appears none of the events are being subscribed
          > to. Looking at the
          > code, the submenus are suppose to hide on mouseout,
          > it also hides when
          > body is clicked on. None of this is happening with
          > my code.
          >
          > Can someone please take a look at
          > http://digital-clarity.com/sandbox/payperclick.html
          > and tell me what I
          > am doing wrong?
          >
          > Much appreciation.
          >
          > Xin
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots
          > <kloots@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Xin -
          > >
          > > For now you have to implement that behavior
          > yourself
          > > by adding your own event handlers. There are
          > several
          > > examples that demonstrate how this can be
          > > accomplished:
          > >
          > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/
          > >
          > > - Todd
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links